Well, Nicole wrote a blog, so I guess I have to now! Actually, I started this post at least a month ago, but blogger was so slow downloading the pictures that I ran out of time. I then forgot about it. This is a very brief recap of some of our summer.
This August we attended the Swanson Family Reunion in Island Park. I am NOT the picture taker of the family, so I have very few. The only pictures I took were of my beautiful niece Kyra and my handsome son Clayton. They enjoyed playing together and even got along most the time!!
We managed to attend the Kiddie Rodeo in Arco in mid-August. Andelynn and Carys got to try their hand at some good old mutton busting. Andelynn barely made it out the gate before losing her sheep. 
Carys didn't even manage to make it out the gate. Where is her sheep. . ?
Clayton watching the events. It was very serious business.
The girls also participated in a money run where they chased a calf with dollar bills taped to it and a chicken throw (rubber chickens). Andelynn was robbed! She would have won the chicken throw, but one of the helpers knocked her chickens out of the bucket :(
Playing dress-up/house is a regular part of our day. On this particular day Andelynn was the mom. She got all dolled up (still in her jammies) and wanted her picture taken.
We've had some issues convincing Clayton that
he can eat real food. It doesn't matter what the food is, he pulls the same face. On this particular evening I was torturing him with apple sauce.
Once in a while he'll find something edible. Usually it involves vegetables (beans or peas) or a lot of flavor/seasoning (General Tso's Chicken). He has a very delicate sense of taste!!
It took us until he was almost 10 months old, but we finally found food he will eat: Sprout Organic Meals. Yes, my son prefers the organic foods. Mostly because they have babyfood with things like cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, and curry in them!! The curry lentils with glazed carrots and jasmine rice was a hit!
Andelynn also started preschool this fall. I do have pictures from her first day of school, but I have to find what card they're on. . . She absolutely loves her teacher and is learning a lot of things. It's nice for her to spend some time with children her own age for a change!
Carys is still a little Tsunami. She's into/onto everything and leaves disaster in her wake. She is constantly falling off of something or running into something and leaving bruises all over her body. She is full of life, fun, and mischief!
No comments:
Post a Comment